Exceptional people from a variety of backgrounds start their careers at Huron. Whether you’re finishing your undergraduate or postgraduate degree, or have some work experience, we empower you to shape your future and achieve your career goals. Through mentorship and career development opportunities, Huron provides employees the support to help you grow and become the leaders of the future. If you are looking to start your career or pivot into the consulting industry, Huron could be the right fit for you. We are looking for people who are curious, agile, highly analytical and passionate about solving the evolving challenges our clients and Huron face. Learn more below about our people and the opportunities at Huron.
Undergraduate applicants will join as analysts, a key part of our client and corporate teams. We recruit undergraduate candidates for full-time analyst opportunities primarily during the fall months. Our team recruits on campus at a select number of school locations.
Huron recruits MBA candidates for internship and full-time opportunities. Please note that not all of our practices recruit for MBA Associate roles. Typically, our MBA candidates have at least two years’ work experience pre-MBA and demonstrate evidence of interest in the practice to which they are applying.
Professionals with PhDs and non-MBA graduate degrees typically join as analysts or associates, depending on work experience and the requirements of the specific role.
Individuals with limited relevant work experience and are hoping to pivot to a new career, are welcome to review the analyst and associate positions listed on our website.
Finding your next career opportunity and navigating the interview process can be nerve-wracking. Our interview process is designed to learn more about who you are and what you are passionate about. Be prepared to talk about what motivates you and any experiences you have that may translate to the opportunity you are applying for.
Before you apply
- Before submitting your application, ensure your resume is concise, grammatically correct and without spelling error. Your resume should appropriately highlight your work, specifically what you did and the results generated.
- Also, ensure the content you highlight on your resume relates to the requirements and expectations of the role you're applying for.
Prepare in advance
- Our interview process combines behavioral and case interviews which helps us to learn more about your experiences and critical thinking skills.
- Be prepared with the best examples of your work history, skills and accomplishments. Be sure that the experiences you plan to highlight relate to the role you’re interviewing for.
- Your answers to each question should be concise and describe the full picture, including: (1) the summary of the circumstances; (2) the tasks you were assigned; (3) the specific work you did, even if it’s in a team environment; and (4) the results generated – quantitative and/or qualitative.
- Be prepared to discuss topics of interest to you related to the role you are interviewing for and our business. Interviews with Huron will help you learn more about our company and our culture.
- Come to your interview with thoughtful questions. Take this time to make a connection with the interviewer and assess if Huron is the right fit for you. Remember, an interview is a dialogue. We will be assessing your questions and asking follow-up questions to determine your depth of understanding.
Bring your best self
- For both in-person and video interviews ensure your attire is professional. Be confident, communicate concisely and sell yourself.
- Remember it is ok to ask for clarification if you don’t understand a question. It is also ok to take a minute to organize your thoughts before responding to our questions.